Daleville Car Accident Lawyer
As an attorney who has dedicated his legal career to protecting personal injury victims and their families, attorney Aaron Gartlan understands the challenges that people face after a car accident. Many victims suddenly face overwhelming medical expenses while, at the same time, being unable to work due to their injuries. The goal of Aaron and the rest of our legal team at Gartlan Injury Law is to help crash victims to overcome those challenges and recover all compensation they are due.
If you recently were hurt in a car accident in Daleville or a nearby community in Alabama as the result of someone else’s negligence, contact us today to discuss your case. We can provide a free consultation. We will review the facts of your case at our law firm and help you to understand and explore all legal options available to you.
- What Should You Do After an Auto Accident?
- How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help You?
- What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
- How Do You Prove Fault in a Car Accident?
- What Damages Can You Recover in a Car Accident Claim?
- What Is the Statute of Limitations for Alabama Car Accident Claims?
- Get Help from an Experienced Daleville Car Accident Attorney
What Should You Do After an Auto Accident?
The immediate aftermath of a car accident can be a confusing time. If you have been involved in a crash in Daleville, you should do your best to take the following steps to work through the confusion and protect your health and legal rights:
- Seek medical care – Certain injuries such as concussions or do not always present themselves right away. So, you must seek medical attention immediately after any crash. Additionally, failing to seek medical attention can hurt your claim. An insurance company may try to argue that you were not really hurt.
- Collect everything – Evidence is of extreme importance to your car accident claim. You should take pictures at the crash scene, if possible, and write down the name and insurance information of the other driver as well as the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses.
- Contact an attorney – While you focus on your physical and mental health after a crash, an attorney can deal with the insurance companies for you and take care of all other legal aspects of your case. At Gartlan Injury Law, we will strive to minimize your stress while, at the same time, seeking maximum compensation for you and your loved ones.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help You?
There are several ways in which attorney Aaron Gartlan and our legal team can help you after a car accident in Daleville, Alabama. When you work with us, we will:
- Collect evidence to support your claim
- Consult with our extensive network of experts
- Evaluate your claim so you demand full and fair compensation
- Meet all relevant deadlines and follow all procedural rules
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Go to trial if that’s what it takes pursue justice for you
Throughout your case, we won’t leave you in the dark. We will provide regular updates and always be available to answer your questions. Because we represent our personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis, you will pay no costs or fees unless we secure compensation for you.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Although a car accident can occur at any time and for just about any reason, some causes are more common than others. They include:
- Distracted driving, including texting and driving
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Road rage
- Reckless driving, including tailgating and changing lanes unsafely
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Defects in the road design
- Wrong-way driving and improper turns
- Tire blowouts and other faults with vehicles
If any of these factors, or any other negligent act, played a role in your auto accident in Daleville, AL you should contact Gartlan Injury Law right away to learn about your rights and options.
How Do You Prove Fault in a Car Accident?
To prove that someone else was at fault for a car accident, you must establish four elements. Those elements are:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care
- The other driver breached that duty of care, or acted negligently
- The breach of duty caused your accident and injuries
- You suffered actual damages as a result of the accident
To prove these four elements, you will need evidence to back up your claim. This evidence can include pictures of the accident scene, your medical records, video surveillance from a nearby business, physical evidence from the scene and more. Our team at Gartlan Injury Law will understand what type of evidence is most important to your claim and how to preserve, collect and analyze it.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Car Accident Claim?
You may be eligible to recover several different types of damages in your auto accident claim, including:
- Medical costs – These damages typically make up the bulk of car accident claims. They can include everything from emergency treatment to rehabilitation.
- Lost income – You may claim lost income, bonuses, benefits, sick pay, and vacation pay that you have lost as a result of your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity – If you cannot return to the same line of work after your accident – or return to work at all – you can claim any loss of earning capacity that you incur.
- Pain and suffering – Although this loss does not have a concrete value, you can still include it in your claim. The nature and severity of your injuries can serve as a major factor in this category of damages.
- Emotional distress – Like pain and suffering, you can claim emotional distress when your accident causes mental anguish.
These are just a few of the most common types of damages that car accident victims claim. We will thoroughly review your case and determine the types and amount of damages which may be available to you.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Alabama Car Accident Claims?
You will have only a certain amount of time to file your car accident claim. This is known as the statute of limitations. In Alabama, that time limit is two years from the date of your accident. If you file a claim after this time has passed, you will likely forfeit your chance of receiving any compensation at all.
Get Help from an Experienced Daleville Car Accident Attorney
If you have been hurt in a car accident, it is important that you do not try to file a car accident claim on your own. At Gartlan Injury Law, we can deal with the insurance companies on your behalf and seek to hold them accountable for paying the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you.