Daleville, AL Personal Injury Lawyer
Gartlan Injury Law is proud to serve Daleville – the gateway to Fort Rucker and the U.S. Army’s Aviation Museum. A passion for helping people to get through tough situations drives personal injury attorney Aaron Gartlan and our legal team. We realize the heavy burden that a serious injury or wrongful death can place on a family. We are committed to doing everything we can to secure maximum compensation for our clients and to make a meaningful difference in their lives.
At Gartlan Injury Law, we will charge no costs or fees unless we obtain a financial recovery for you. It starts with a free consultation. If you believe that someone else’s negligence caused you to suffer injury or the loss of a loved one, contact us today to discuss your case.
- What Personal Injury Cases Do Our Daleville Attorneys Handle?
- What Damages Can You Seek in a Personal Injury Claim in Daleville, AL?
- How Can a Daleville Personal Injury Lawyer Help You?
- What Should You Do If You Suffer a Personal Injury in Daleville, Alabama?
- Get Help Today from an Experienced Daleville Personal Injury Attorney
What Personal Injury Cases Do Our Daleville Attorneys Handle?
At Gartlan Injury Law, we serve Daleville and surrounding communities in Dale County. We are proud to help those who have suffered injuries in many different types of accidents. Some of the most common personal injury cases we handle include:
- Car accidents – As we have seen, many car accidents in Daleville can be trace to a driver’s negligence such as speeding, tailgating, refusing to yield or driving while distracted, impaired or overly fatigued.
- Truck accidents – Commercial truck accidents – which often happen on busy routes such as U.S. Highway 84 – typically result in catastrophic or fatal injuries to those traveling in the smaller passenger vehicles. Negligent truck drivers – and the companies which employ them – should be held liable.
- Motorcycle accidents – Insurance companies in Alabama typically try to avoid paying claims by pinning blame for a motorcycle accident on the biker. We stand up to insurance companies and protect our clients’ rights.
- Defective products – When products cause consumers to suffer harm – even when they use the product as intended – the manufacturers of those products and others in the distribution chain can be held liable.
- Dog bites – We know how a dog attack can be more than just frightening. It can also lead to serious physical harm such as cuts, fractures and infections. We help dog bite victims to pursue just compensation for their physical, emotional and financial harm.
- Slip and fall – People can suffer serious injuries when property owners fail to address slip-and-fall hazards on their property or warn visitors about the risks which they face. Many of the slip-and-fall victims we assist in Daleville are hurt when visiting commercial property such as a Wal-Mart or other big-box stores.
- Workplace accidents – We help injured workers in Daleville, AL to pursue funds which go beyond what workers’ compensation provides when they sustain injuries due to the negligence of third parties.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you can claim compensation for certain losses such as burial and funeral expenses or the loss of your loved one’s services and support.
At Gartlan Injury Law, our personal injury lawyers also help people with bad faith insurance claims, or claims that arise when insurance companies wrongfully deny claims or engage in other types of unfair practices.
What Damages Can You Seek in a Personal Injury Claim in Daleville, AL?
At Gartlan Injury Law, we will help you to pursue all available damages in your personal injury claim. The damages that we seek on your behalf may include:
- Medical costs – You may incur significant medical expenses when going through treatment for your injuries, including emergency treatment, tests, surgery, hospitalization, medication, assistive devices and rehabilitation. We can help you to seek all of your past and future medical expenses.
- Lost income – You may be entitled to claim all income which you have lost due to your injuries, including expenses that you will incur in the future due to a total or partial disability.
- Pain and suffering – Alabama law recognizes how an injury can cause tremendous physical pain and suffering as well as emotional anguish. For instance, many accident victims suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Wrongful death – If someone else’s wrongful conduct causes the death of your loved one, we can seek compensation that may include funeral and burial expenses and the loss of your loved one’s financial and emotional support.
How Can a Daleville Personal Injury Lawyer Help You?
You should never try to file a personal injury claim on your own – especially if you suffer from serious injuries. Now is the time for you to focus on your health and your family and not dealing with insurance companies. The law in Alabama is also complex and constantly evolving. An attorney like Aaron Gartlan stays on top of those changes, and he can advise you on how they affect your claim. We will also:
- Conduct a thorough investigation of your case – For your claim to be successful, you will need evidence which shows that someone else caused your injuries due to their negligence or other wrongful conduct. Gartlan Injury Law will conduct a prompt, full investigation of your case and leave no stone unturned.
- Carefully calculate all of your damages – We will review your medical records, income history and all other evidence which establishes the amount of damages which you are due. We may also consult with life-care planners and other medical experts.
- Negotiate aggressively – Insurance companies want to pay as little as possible to resolve claims. We will prepare a solid settlement demand on your behalf and won’t back down when dealing with the insurance company or companies.
- Represent you a trial – If an insurance company refuses to make a settlement offer which you can accept, we will be ready to put the strongest case possible before a jury. Aaron is an experienced litigator who thrives in the courtroom.
Remember: At Gartlan Injury Law, we work on a contingency fee basis. In other words, we will charge no upfront costs or fees for representing you in your personal injury case. You will pay us only if we recover compensation for you.
What Should You Do If You Suffer a Personal Injury in Daleville, Alabama?
The steps which you take after you suffer injuries in an accident can be critical. If you make a mistake, it could hurt your ability to recover the compensation which you need and deserve. At Gartlan Injury Law, we believe that you can avoid those negative consequences if you:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible – If you wait too long to see a doctor, an insurance company may claim that you have exaggerated the severity of your injuries or that your injuries did not result from your accident.
- Collect evidence from the scene – You should take and keep pictures of anything relevant to your claim such as damage to vehicles, the dog that bit you or the dangerous property condition which caused your slip and fall.
- Get a copy of the accident report – If you were hurt in an auto accident, you should be able to get a copy of the crash report by contacting the law enforcement agency which responded to the crash such as the Daleville Police Department or Dale County Sheriff’s Office. Reports can be available in other types of personal injury cases as well. For instance, a store may create a report if you were hurt in a slip and fall, or an animal control agency may have a report about a dog attack that left you with injuries.
- Report your accident – If you were hurt in an auto accident, your insurance policy will likely require you to give notice about the accident within a matter of days or weeks after it occurs. You need to comply with this policy in order to protect your right to file a claim with your insurer down the road (if necessary). Also, you must report the accident to your employer if it occurred while you were on the job in order to protect your ability to recover workers’ compensation benefits.
- Don’t talk to the other party’s insurance company – If the company which provides auto insurance, homeowner’s insurance or commercial liability insurance to the other party reaches out to you, then you should simply refer the insurance company to your attorney. It is never wise to give a statement or accept a settlement offer before you talk with a lawyer.
Get Help Today from an Experienced Daleville Personal Injury Attorney
When you have been injured by someone else’s negligence, you need the help of an experienced and compassionate personal injury attorney in Daleville. At Gartlan Injury Law, we are proud to help our clients during one of the most difficult times of their lives. We make it easy by offering free consultations, and we never ask for upfront fees or expenses. We know that now is the time for you to focus on getting better, which is why we will take care of everything else. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.