Enterprise Personal Injury Lawyer
No matter how cautious we are, accidents are an inevitable part of life often due to the carelessness of other people. In some cases, accidents are a minor irritant, but many times an accident can result in serious injuries or even death. When this happens, it’s natural to want to hold the party who injured you accountable for their actions.
The Alabama personal injury lawyers at Gartlan Injury Law are here to defend your rights after an accident. At our Enterprise office location and in surrounding areas throughout Alabama, our team is ready to provide you with exceptional legal representation. Aaron Gartlan, our founding attorney, is one of the National Trial Lawyers Association’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
Acting quickly is crucial for effectively seeking the maximum amount of compensation after a serious injury. For your free initial consultation, call us or visit our contact page today. We’ll discuss your case in detail and answer all of your questions.
Why Choose Us for Your Enterprise, AL Personal Injury Case?
When choosing an attorney to represent you in a personal injury case, it’s important to find the right team to handle your case. Here are a few reasons you should select our firm:
- Free consultation – You shouldn’t have to pay just to find out if you have a viable personal injury case. When you come to us, we’ll give you a frank appraisal of your case and let you know what your options are. There’s no pressure and no financial risk to you.
- Communication – You want a lawyer who sees you as a real person, not just a number on a spreadsheet. Our team is available to answer your questions or concerns at all hours of the day, and we’ll make sure you’re always updated as your case moves forward.
- Understanding – Every personal injury case is different, and you want a lawyer who will take the time to get to know you. We know the physical and financial toll that a serious injury can take, and we’ll do whatever we can to help you both inside and outside of the courtroom.
- No fees unless we win – We know that most people don’t have the financial resources to wage a major legal battle. That’s why we work on a contingency-fee basis at Gartlan Injury Law. We’ll advance all your attorneys’ fees and other expenses up front, and you don’t owe us anything unless we collect compensation on your behalf.
Types of Claims We Handle in Enterprise, Alabama
Our full-service personal injury firm is equipped to handle a wide range of cases. Some of the common types of claims we handle include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Defective products
- Workplace injuries
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Wrongful death
This is not a full list of the legal services we provide. Contact our office to learn how we can help you with your case.
Personal Injury Basics
Personal injury cases can be a bit complicated. Here are a few things you should know when you’re pursuing a personal injury claim:
- How negligence is determined – Personal injury claims usually center on some type of negligence on the part of whoever it was who injured you. A person is negligent when they fail to exercise the care and caution that a reasonable person would exercise under similar circumstances, whether it’s driving a car or ensuring that their property is free from hazards. If a person’s actions or failure to act causes you harm, you have the right to hold them accountable. The law, fortunately, allows you to seek compensation from the negligent party responsible for your accident and your related losses, such as your medical expenses and lost wages.
- Alabama’s negligence laws – Different states use different standards to determine fault and how compensation is awarded in personal injury claims. Alabama uses a doctrine known as “contributory negligence,” which is the strictest standard for these cases. In Alabama, you cannot recover any compensation after an accident if you were at all at fault in any way for causing the accident. Even if you only played the most minor role in causing the accident, you will be denied any compensation. This makes establishing fault absolutely crucial in Alabama personal injury cases.
- How you know if you have a case – If you sustained only minor injuries in an accident, or if you share fault with another party for your injuries, you likely do not have a strong case for a personal injury claim. However, if you’ve suffered serious injuries and those injuries are the result of another party’s actions, you should contact a lawyer right away.
- What you can be compensated for after an accident – If you’ve been injured in an accident, you can pursue compensation for losses, such as:
- Your past and future medical bills
- Your lost wages and reduced ability to earn a living
- Your pain and suffering
- Your mental anguish
- Your property that was damaged or destroyed in the accident
What to Do to Protect Yourself If You’ve Been Injured in Enterprise, AL
In the immediate aftermath of an accident, your priorities should be focused on getting proper medical treatment and documenting your injuries as much as possible. Here’s what you do in the weeks and months ahead as your case moves forward:
- Save all your medical bills, receipts, pay stubs, and similar documents. To get the maximum amount of compensation after an accident, you’ll need evidence of the losses you’ve sustained. Your medical bills, receipts, pay stubs, and other documents can help demonstrate the financial harm you’ve suffered as a result of your injuries.
- Keep a journal or diary. You’re entitled to pursue compensation for your pain and suffering after an accident, but it can be hard to show how much you’ve suffered when you’re dealing with something that doesn’t have a dollar amount attached to it. A journal or diary that details how your pain impacts your daily life is a good way to show the extent of your injuries.
- Don’t talk about the accident and stay off of social media. The opposing party in your claim will be looking for anything they can find to shift the blame for your accident. Anything you say to another person or publish online can potentially be used against you, so your best bet is to not say or post anything at all.
- Hire a lawyer as soon as possible. There’s a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims in Alabama, so it’s important to get started on your claim as soon as possible. Hiring a lawyer early on gives them the most time possible to put together the strongest case on your behalf.
Contact Our Enterprise, AL Personal Injury Attorneys for Help
The Enterprise, Alabama attorneys at Gartlan Injury Law are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve after your injuries. Learn more about your case at your free consultation. If you need an attorney in Enterprise, AL, we are here to answer all of your questions and walk you through your options. Call us or visit our contact page today.