Alabama Xarelto Lawsuits
Have You Suffered Because of Xarelto?
Have you or a loved one suffered from internal bleeding after taking the blood thinning medication Xarelto?
Have you lost a love one to this dangerous drug’s side effects?
You may be entitled to compensation for your medical costs, loss of earning, your pain and suffering and more.
The widely-marketed drug Xarelto has caused significant internal bleeding and death in numerous patients, many from Alabama.
Under the law, drug manufactures have a duty to ensure that the medicines they produce are safe to use.
The product liability lawyers at the Gartlan Injury Law are now reviewing claims on behalf of individuals and their families in Dothan and Houston Counties and throughout Alabama, who took Xarelto and experienced severe or uncontrolled bleeding.
If you or someone you know has been injured by using Xarelto, contact our defective product attorneys immediately for a free case evaluation.
Call Now: 334-699-4625
What is Xarelto used for?
The generic name for the drug is Rivaroxaban. It is one of the newer types of blood thinners known as a direct factor Xa inhibitor. It works by obstructing blood clots from forming.
Xarelto is prescribed to reduce the risk of blood clots for individuals who have surgery for hip or knee replacement, and to reduce the risk of stroke in patients who experience atrial fibrillation (abnormal heart rhythm).
Xarelto is also prescribed for the general treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which can lead to blood clots in the lungs (pulmonary embolism).
Xarelto is manufactured by Bayer and sold by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a division of healthcare giant Johnson & Johnson. Xarelto was approved by the FDA in 2011 and the drug has not been recalled.
What are Xarelto side effects?
The complication of bleeding is a common side effect associated with anticoagulants, or blood thinners.
However, Xarelto is more dangerous than other more familiar blood thinners, like warfarin and Coumadin.
This is because there is no known antidote to reverse Xarelto’s blood thinning effects.
What happens when an emergency hemorrhage occurs? Patients are at risk of irreversible and life-threatening internal bleeds.
The list of serious side effects and injuries associated with Xarelto include:
- Stroke (blood flow to the brain stops)
- Epidural hematoma (blood collects between the skull and the membrane covering the brain)
- Intracranial hemorrhages (bleeding within the skull)
- Retinal hemorrhage (abnormal bleeding of the blood vessels in the retina)
- Pulmonary embolism (arteries in the lungs are blocked by a blood clot)
- Hemoglobin decrease (may lead to inadequate supply of oxygen to vital organs)
- GI bleed (hemorrhage of the gastrointestinal tract)
- Deep vein thrombosis (formation of a blood clot, or thrombus, within a deep vein – primarily in the legs)
- Adrenal bleeding (bleeding within the adrenal gland)
Pharmaceutical companies have a duty to ensure that their drugs are reasonably safe for use. Failure to do so may be grounds for a lawsuit.
If you or a family member took Xarelto and suffered from serious internal bleeding or if your loved one died due to bleeding while taking Xarelto, you may be entitled to compensation for financial hardship and emotional distress.
Legal action also provides the only means for victims and their loved ones to hold drug manufacturers accountable for selling a dangerous product.
- Janssen and Bayer have failed to warn doctors and patients of an alleged increased risk of bleeding after taking the blood thinning drug Xarelto.
- These companies have knowingly released a defective product into the public marketplace, since Xarelto has no antidote.
- According to current lawsuits, many patients have died because medical professionals were unable to stop or reverse the bleeding.
- Bayer and Janssen have continually promoted Xarelto as being better than other anticoagulants, even though they know that patients taking Xarelto have been documented to have suffered higher rates of GI bleeds than those taking warfarin.
- Xarelto is alleged to have caused hundreds of deaths and thousands of serious bleeding cases. Bayer and Janssen continue to promote the use of Xarelto in marketing campaigns across the U.S. as safe and effective.
Xarelto lawsuits have been filed in Alabama and across the country on behalf of individual patients or their families. Compensation is being sought for medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, mental anguish and other damages connected to each patient’s specific injuries.
If you or a family member were affected by excessive bleeding or any other dangerous side effect of Xarelto, we urge you to request a free consultation without delay.
Special Note to Caregivers:
You may be caring for a friend or family member who has been prescribed Xarelto. Perhaps they have just taken Xarelto, or they have been recently hospitalized.
You may not be sure about all the adverse events the person you are caring for has gone through. Sometimes a side effect or complication may not be linked to Xarelto use. This makes it even harder for you to know what to do. You may be feeling very frustrated or scared for the person under your care.
Even if you do not know whether the side effects your loved one experienced happened because they took Xarelto, do not hesitate to contact us.
People taking the drug are generally at risk for severe and deadly side effects and complications. And as of this writing, Xarelto has not been recalled and is therefore still on the market.
Whatever concerns you may have about Xarelto side effects, we urge you to call our law firm and inquire about your case. We can investigate your situation to determine if you have legal recourse against Bayer and Johnson & Johnson.
Contact Our Product Liability Law Firm Today
If you or someone you love were harmed by the blood thinner Xarelto, or your family lost someone dear, we want to help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
The attorneys you choose can make all the difference when dealing with the complex nature of pharmaceutical litigation. Gartlan Injury Law are seasoned product liability lawyers who will fight aggressively to protect your rights. With extensive defective product and dangerous drug experience, we are fully prepared to deal effectively with drug manufacturers and their corporate legal teams.
It will cost you nothing to find out if you have a claim. If you have grounds for a Xarelto lawsuit, our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis—which means it will not cost you anything to hire our firm unless and until we secure compensation for you.
Bayer and Janssen have placed far greater value on their profits than on the safety of patients. Contact the Dothan lawyers who are ready to fight for you and your family