Car Accident Lawyer in Fort Rucker
Car accidents are all too common in Fort Rucker. When they occur, victims can file a claim against the at-fault driver and seek full and fair compensation for their medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering and more. However, these claims are not easy to file. Many different laws and procedural rules govern these claims. One small mistake could be costly.
If you recently suffered injuries in a car accident in Fort Rucker, AL or a nearby community in Alabama, you will benefit from working with Gartlan Injury Law. We can help you to avoid common mistakes that people make when trying to handle car accident claims on their own, and we will seek the maximum amount of compensation available to you. We know how this compensation will play an important role in your recovery. Contact us today for a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you.
- How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help With My Case?
- What Should You Do After an Auto Accident?
- What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
- How Do You Prove Fault in a Car Accident?
- What Damages Can You Recover in a Car Accident Claim?
- What Is the Statute of Limitations for Alabama Car Accident Claims?
- Get Help from an Experienced Fort Rucker Car Accident Attorney
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help With My Case?
Personal Injury Attorney Aaron Gartlan and our legal team will protect your rights after a crash in many ways. When we work on your case, you can count on us to:
- Review your case free of charge and explain your rights and options
- Investigate the accident and collect evidence in order to establish fault
- Refute arguments that you were partly to blame for the crash
- Reach out to our network of experts in support of your case
- File your claim according to all deadlines and procedural rules
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a full and fair settlement
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
We will act as your advocate throughout the entire process, and we will always be available to discuss your case with you and answer your questions. You will pay no costs or fees unless we secure compensation for you through a settlement or verdict.
What Should You Do After an Auto Accident?
You can take several different steps to protect your health and your legal rights after a car accident in Fort Tucker. Those steps including:
- Seeking medical care – Your health is the most important concern after an accident. You must get medical care to ensure that you are safe and that injuries do not become worse. A failure to seek medical care will also hurt your personal injury claim.
- Collecting everything – Information is crucial to your claim. You must take pictures of the automobile accident scene, exchange information with the other driver (including insurance information), collect the police accident report and gather all of your other records pertaining to the accident.
- Contacting an attorney – Car accident claims can quickly become complex. At Gartlan Injury Law, we will know how to deal with the issues that may arise in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Most car accidents are due to another person’s negligence. Over the years, some of the most common causes of car accidents that we have seen in Fort Rucker, Alabama are:
- Distracted driving, particularly texting and driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving, including road rage
- Failure to adjust to poor weather conditions
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
These are just a few of the most common negligent acts that cause crashes on Alabama’s roads. When drivers engage in these acts and cause a crash, they may be held liable for paying compensation to help injured crash victims to recover from their injuries and move forward with their lives.
How Do You Prove Fault in a Car Accident?
As we work on your case, Gartlan Injury Law may preserve, gather and study several pieces of evidence in order to establish another party’s fault, including:
- Traffic law violations – Violating state traffic laws such as those which apply to speeding, distracted driving, impaired driving and yielding the right of way can be clear indicators of negligence.
- Photos – Pictures can illustrate how an accident happened and serve as powerful evidence of who was at fault in a crash.
- Eyewitness statements – Some witnesses are objective third parties. So, their statements can carry great weight. You should always collect the name and contact information of any eyewitnesses that saw your accident.
- Police report – A police crash report can provide a wealth of information about a crash, including identifying all parties involved in the accident, time, date, location, road and weather conditions and factors that contributed to the collision.
- Video footage – In many cases there is video available from dash-cams or from nearby businesses that can be used as crucial evidence in an accident claim.
At Gartlan Injury Law, we will understand what evidence is important to collect. More importantly, we will know how to obtain this evidence and present it in support of your claim.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Car Accident Claim?
The goal of a personal injury claim after a car accident is to make the victim “whole” again, or as close to whole as possible. To that end, the types of damages which we will pursue on your behalf after your car accident in Fort Rucker may include:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
In addition to these damages, punitive damages may also be available. These damages are intended not to compensate individuals for their losses. Instead, they are meant to punish at-fault parties for their reckless or grossly negligent conduct.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Alabama Car Accident Claims?
As in all other states, Alabama has a statute of limitations that applies to automobile accident cases. This is the amount of time which you have to file your claim. In Alabama, you have only two years from the date of injury to file your claim. If you file your claim after this time, you will likely be barred from receiving any compensation at all.
Get Help from an Experienced Fort Rucker Car Accident Attorney
No one should ever file a car accident claim on their own. These claims can be highly complex. At Gartlan Injury Law, we are here to help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your case.